Click on a Category to see the Shops. If you are not sure about what Category you are looking for, read the “About Massages” text here below.
- Bangkok Soapy Massage (Bangkok Massage Parlors),
- Bangkok Special Massage (A very special place!),
- Bangkok Gay Massage (for Men by Men).
- New! Nuru Massage: Check out the list of Massage Shops and Parlors that provide Nuru Massage services.
For Massage Prices and Information, click here.
Massages are very popular in Thailand. From Thai Massage or Oil Massage with “Happy Ending” to upscale Massage Parlors, everyone has its favorite.
Bangkok is full of Massage shops of all kind. To help you to find your way among all these shops, we have organized them in 4 categories:
the “Naughty Massage” shops, the “Teen Massage” shops, the “Teen Spa” shops and the “Soapy Massage” parlors.
In addition, we have defined 2 more categories: the “Special Massage” shops (it is only one shop, actually) and the “Gay Massage” shops.
- The “Naughty Massage” shops are “Traditional Massage” shop that provide foot massage, Thai massage, Oil massage, etc. The difference with a “traditional” massage shop is that you can chose a girl among the pretty girls sitting in the shop, instead of being randomly allocated the next girl on the list.
Naughty Massage places are usually located in the famous nightlife areas like Nana, soi Cowboy and Silom/Patong. Famous shops include Apsara Massage, Sathiga Massage, Maleen Massage, etc.
More about Bangkok Naughty Massage shops, including prices, services and location in the Premium Content.
- The “Teen Massage” shops offer Thai and Oil massages in a private room. Unlike other massage shops, Teen Massage shops are “blinded” (you can’t see the inside from the outside) and have exotic names including words such as “Teen”, “Angel”, “Love”, “Dream”, “Heaven”, etc… In a Teen Massage shop, the girls are out of sight, sitting in a small waiting room. You can chose a girl by looking at the photo album when available, or by having a look at all the girls available in the waiting room. Once you have chosen a girl and a duration (1 hour, 1.5 hours, 2 hours, etc.) you will be escorted to a private room with a small bed and a shower.
Famous places include Mango Massage, Tulip Massage, Orchid Massage, Paradise Massage, etc.
More about Bangkok Teen Massage shops, including prices, services and location in the Premium Content.
- The “Teen Spa” shops are very similar to the Teen Massage shops, except that the Teen Spa shops offer only sexy oil massages and body to body oil massages. The Teen Spa shops cater mainly for local and Japanese customers, but Western foreigners are also welcome. These shops are usually located far from Bangkok downtown and are therefore not always easy to find. They usually hire students or young professionals looking for an additional revenue and who don’t work in the shop full time.
More about Bangkok Teen Spa shops, including prices, services and location in the Premium Content.
- The “Soapy Massage” shops (or Soapy Massage Parlors) are the “high end” version of the “Teen Massage”, which doesn’t mean that it is better, but that it is provided in a place that looks high end and luxurious, with spacious lobby, large rooms, big bath tubes or jacuzzi, etc. Massage Parlors usually look like 4 star hotels from the outside. Inside you may find several hotel-like services including a restaurant, a bar, a karaoke bar, a lounge, etc.
But the main difference with other Massage Shops is the ‘fishbowl’. A ‘fishbowl’ is a large area behind glass windows (hence the name) where girls are “exhibited”. They all wear a badge with a number or a combination of both a number and a letter. Different sets of numbers correspond to different prices.
In some Massage Parlors, other girls are sitting outside the ‘fishbowl’, in a separate area. They are referred to as ‘Sideline’ or ‘Models’. They also have their own numbers and their own prices that are usually higher than the prices in the ‘fishbowl’.
You can either chose a girl immediately or have a drink in the lounge area, opposite the ‘fishbowl’ and/or the ‘sideline’, and take your time. Massage Parlors usually employ several Mamasan or Papasan that speak enough English to explain you the prices and services. However be careful with them as they sometimes tend to take advantage of newbies. Make sure you know the prices before you go. That’s what this blog is for!
Once you have selected a girl, the Mamasan/Papasan will call her number and escort you both to the cashier. You will pay upfront the full amount, that usually ranges from 1,000 to 3,000 baht (but up to 5,000 or 6,000 in some upscale places!) depending on the number you have chosen. You will then be escorted by your masseuse to a private room.
Note that in a Massage Parlor you can’t chose the duration. Usually ‘fishbowl’ girls provide a 2hour massage and sideline or models a 1.5hour massage. Ask the Mamasan/Papasan for confirmation.
Famous Massage Parlors in Bangkok include Poseidon, Emmanuelle, Cupidy, Annies, Caesars, etc.
More about Bangkok Soapy Massage Parlors, including prices, services and location in the Premium Content.
- The “Gay Massage” shops don’t need further introduction.
More about Bangkok Massage Shops and Parlors, including prices, services and location in the Premium Content.
Looking for the Best Massage Shops in Bangkok? Check out the Bangkok Massage Guide!