What is a Nuru Massage?
A Nuru Massage is an oil massage but instead of oil or lotion they use a special gel, called Nuru Gel. They say that ‘Nuru’ means ‘slippery’ in Japanese (I didn’t check). The Nuru gel is transparent, has no odor and is very slippery (not sticky).
What is the difference with an oil massage or a body to body massage?
- The first difference is the gel, of course.
- The second one is that although Nuru massage can be done on a mattress like a soapy massage, it is usually done on a Nuru massage chair (see below).
- The third one is that the masseuse uses her hands and her breast, but may also use her tongue.
Where can I get a Nuru Massage?
- I know 4 soapy massage parlors that offer it as an option, with an extra on top of the usual rate: Emmanuelle Massage, Colonze 1 Massage, Colonze 2 Massage and Colonze 4 Massage (CO4). There is no Colonze 3.
- Some teen shops have the Nuru logo (Culi Massage, Fruity Spa, etc.) but they don’t have the option in the massage menu.
EDIT: The updated list of Nuru Massage shops and parlors is now available here.
If you know other shops, put their name in a comment here below.
How much does that cost?
All the soapy massage parlors mentioned here above add 600 baht to the usual massage price for a Nuru Massage. As they have different prices for different girls (sideline, fishbowl, etc.), the price will also depend on the girl you chose (if you chose a 1,900 baht girl, you will have to pay 2,500, if it is a 2,300 girl you will pay 2,900. etc.).
The cheapest price I have found is 2,200 baht at Colonze 2 Massage.
Did you try the Nuru Massage? Do you know shops that provide it? Leave your comment here (7 days) or in the forums.